Joomla is one of the best and most popular ways to build a website. It is user-friendly, powerful and is continuously improved by thousands of people around the world.
Joomla powers millions of sites and is being widely adopted by governments, universities and Fortune 500 companies.
Our Joomla Beginner Class is aimed at getting Joomla novices up to speed as quickly as possible. You will learn the important basics of Joomla and by the end of the day will be able to successfully build a small Joomla site. This class is an excellent introduction for Joomla beginners. Here is a sample video from the course....
You'll learn how to build a Joomla website, from content and user organization, to working with extensions and templates. This class uses the latest version of Joomla, but questions on all versions are welcome.
- Part 1: Introduction to Joomla answering key questions: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Navigating the Joomla interface
- Part 3: Setting up and organizing Joomla content
- Part 4: Adding content articles with formatting and text
- Part 5: Choosing and using with Joomla components
- Part 6: Choosing and using Joomla modules and plugins
- Part 7: Choosing and using Joomla templates
- Part 8: Building a full Joomla site so that students can practice everything that they have learned during the class
What Do Class Attendees Get to Help Their Learning?
Practical, hands-on training from an experienced Joomla teacher
Two months of forum support with same-day answers to your questions
Two months of access to a video version of the class you take
A personalized completion certificate
Attendees can come to class empty-handed. We provide computers, drinks, snacks and lunch.
Who Should Attend This Class?
- The class is taught by an experienced Joomla instructor who will teach you the essentials you need to know in order to get you started with your Joomla website.
- Our teaching style is entirely hands-on. You'll have a Joomla site in front of you and will be actively working and learning throughout the class.
- Because learning is a continual process, all students will not only go home with a book that reinforces the concepts covered in class, they also get six months of access to our online training videos and online support forum.