Joomla is one of the best and most popular ways to build a website. It is user-friendly, powerful and is continuously improved by thousands of people around the world.
Joomla powers millions of sites and is being widely adopted by governments, universities and Fortune 500 companies.
Our Joomla Intermediate Class is aimed at increasing the skills of people who will be building and maintaining Joomla sites.
Here is a sample video from the course...
You'll build on your Joomla knowledge and get to grips with how to modify, improve and develop great Joomla websites. This class uses the latest version of Joomla, but questions on all versions are welcome.
- Part 1: Workflow: An introduction to the Joomla workflow for building complete, intermediate sites.
- Part 2: intermediate content editing and management. We'll add extra features to Joomla's content editing, including improved multimedia, document, image and link-handling options. We'll also focus on security, including how to restrict user's editing options and track different versions of a document.
- Part 3: Understanding components and using intermediate Joomla components. We'll create a community site by adding user profiles and social networking. We'll also create a blog with commenting and sharing features.
- Part 4: Understanding modules and using intermediate Joomla modules. In the beginner class we explain module positions. In this class we go a step further and place the modules anywhere you want. We also see how to control them in more intermediate ways, choosing who can see them and setting publish and unpublish dates.
- Part 5: Understanding plugins and using intermediate Joomla plugins. We'll explain each of the different kinds of Joomla plugins using several different examples. We'll see how to create slideshows and video displays, spice up content items with extra features and how to login to Joomla using accounts from other sites.
- Part 6: Joomla Access Control Levels. We'll use the new permission levels in Joomla to accurately control what users can and cannot do on our sites.
- Part 7: Joomla Site Maintenance. How to update, backup, secure and correctly configure your Joomla site.
- Part 8: Practice: We build a full Joomla site so that students can practice everything that they have learned during the class.
What Do Class Attendees Get to Help Their Learning?
Practical, hands-on training from an experienced Joomla teacher
Two months of forum support with same-day answers to your questions
A copy of Joomla Explained, the best selling Joomla book
Two months of access to a video version of the class you take
All the key information from the class in one useful guide
A personalized completion certificate
Attendees can come to class empty-handed. We provide computers, drinks, snacks and lunch.
Are There Any Prerequisites?
To get the most out of this class, you'll need a good basic knowledge of Joomla. Do you know the difference between a module and a component? Do you know how to add articles and install extensions?
Our Joomla Beginner class is designed to prepare you for the Intermediate class, so if you've taken the Beginner class or will be taking it before the Intermediate class, you'd be ready to take the Intermediate.